Sunday, January 12, 2014

Out With the Old, In With the New!

Well, 2013 is over, and for us, it went out with a bang.
Andrew has been working at a small shop on the west side of Kalispell for about a year-and-a-half now. When he first applied for the job, they had actually already hired another man for the position that was available. However, a few weeks after he had applied, they became overwhelmed with work and happened to have two bays that no one was working, so they called us back, and we packed up for the move. It was great, and we were really getting into a nice routine, when winter came and they slowed down again. They put Andrew on a part time schedule, but promised it would only be a few weeks and they kept to that promise. Summer came and they started getting swamped again, and by that time, I was working at the daycare, and it seemed we were finally in a stable state!

November came, and things changed. The daycare I was working at closed down on November 22nd. Luckily a few of the kids live close to us, so I started taking care of them out of our home. It has been really fun, and I never thought I'd actually enjoy working from home, but I love it! I also started working on my Beachbody business, and that has been great! I LOVE Beachbody SO MUCH! There is nothing more fulfilling than a job career where you are spending your time focused on HELPING OTHERS!
Fast forward through December... Andrew got a whole week off for Christmas! We thought they were being very generous, and we enjoyed a nice visit with family in Idaho. 
We came back to Kalispell and Andrew went back to work on Monday, December 30th. He came home that night to tell me that he no longer had a job. It turns out that they really didn't have enough work to keep him busy and learning, and they had been trying to figure out what to do for a while. Because he was the newest to the team, and the one with the least amount of experience, he was the one that had to go.
Needless to say, ringing in the New Year was not the most exciting for us. We mostly just wandered around the house wondering what to do with ourselves, and I took a three hour bath in the evening haha...
It took us about a week to gain our bearings back, and really understand what was to come out of this.
Andrew has been doing some automotive upholstery jobs on the side as a hobby to bring in a little extra income, and right now he has enough work to do that full time, so we are trying it out and we really feel that this is what he is supposed to be doing with his time now.
I love it because now we are both working at home! I think now that we have felt how amazing that can be, we are even more motivated to make it work for us because I can't even imagine him having to go back to a full time job again after having him home so often!

I just have to say, there have been so many times in my life when I have been through a seemingly scary or traumatic experience, and I have been carried through with peace and hope. Yes, Andrew and I wondered where this would takes us, why we had to go through this, and how we were going to make it, but the anxiety was short-lived, and only came in spurts. Throughout the week-long period of uncertainty, we were gratefully not burdened with worry, anger, or hopelessness. I honestly believe that the peace that we felt came from paying an honest tithe. Now, I'm not saying that people that don't believe in God, or who choose not to pay tithing will not have peace in their life during stressful situations. What I am saying is we have been told to pay tithing, so we do, and I consider it insurance. We never knew what blessings would come from the tithing we have paid as we were paying our tithes, but we have seen blessings manifest themselves into our lives since making the choice to do what we're told to do. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is there to lead and guide, and love us when we need it most! (I know He loves us all the time). 
So here's to a new year! We're ready for what ever 2014 plans to bring to us, and we are SO EXCITED for new beginnings...!
I Love this man and I am SO grateful for everything that he does for me! Andrew truly is one of a kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment