Friday, December 6, 2013

Line of Authority


Andrew is turning 25 in just a few days, and this year, I wanted to do something really special for him.
I was so excited when I came across the perfect idea of what I could do for him!
As some of you know, I am a member of The Church Of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints. 
We're also known as "Mormons".    :-)
In The Church, all men are ordained with something called The Priesthood. This is because our church has a Lay Ministry, meaning that all members can be called into leadership positions, and they are not paid for their service.
We believe that the Priesthood is Power and Authority to act in the name of God. Jesus Christ held the Priesthood during his Earthly ministry and ordained each of His Apostles with this power and authority. 
I recently stumbled upon a way to trace Andrew's Priesthood line all the way back to the Savior, and for his birthday, I made up a display of the line and got it printed out on a canvas so we can display it in our home.


I know that not everyone shares our beliefs, but when I look through those names, I can't help but feel that we are part of something much larger than ourselves! I am SO grateful for The Priesthood and what it means for us as a family. I am grateful for the binding powers that come through the Priesthood and for the way it has shaped Andrew into an amazing man and husband. 
I would love to answer any questions you may have! Feel free to post a comment!
If you would like to find a line for that special Priesthood holder in your life, let me know and I'll share how I found Andrew's line.

No comments:

Post a Comment