Saturday, September 28, 2013

New *

My new body :-)
Throughout my life, I have experienced many changes. Most of the time, these changes consisted of trials that were extremely difficult for me to maneuver through, and at times, I felt that rather than living through them, I was just hanging on until I could find footing somewhere and pick myself up to keep moving forward.
Recently, I have found that through some of these most challenging trials have come some of my life's greatest blessings. 
For example, through the divorce of my parents, I was able to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Through the trails that came from moving to a different town my Junior year of high school, I was able to meet my eternal companion and the man of my dreams, Andrew.
There are so many more examples of this in my life, but I have also picked up a few more trials as well. During high school, I was very depressed. I saw a few counselors, but really felt that they weren't helping me feel any better. I also began to develop health problems. At fourteen, I experienced my first kidney stone. Years later, in college, the depression was still there, but I had found solace through my Savior, Jesus Christ, and through the teachings of my church. Through prayer, I could find a reason to keep living and the horrible thoughts I had experienced before were not as bad as they had once been, still my health was not perfect and to add to my kidney problems, I began experiencing pain in my gallbladder.
I was placed on a few really boring diets by my doctors and had a hard time sticking to them. I also had been prescribed a few different medications for pain, but never anything that would actually heal my body, and as far as the gallbladder goes, removal is not a treatment and does not end the problems. I told my doctors in 2011 that I would prefer to change my diet than to take out my gallbladder. They understood and that is how those crazy diets came to be.
A year ago, life got really crazy. My husband and I moved more than 400 miles from the tiny town that we both loved and were raised in. We uprooted and in the process, I lost my health insurance because I had to quit school. We thought we would be fine, until I began experiencing more pain than ever in both my kidneys and my gallbladder. I noticed that I was gaining weight and I seemed to feel sick all the time. I spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2012 sick enough that I was laid up on the couch for both holidays. To top it off, I had a UTI over our Christmas vacation as well. I seriously wondered when I was going to catch a break, and I was absolutely miserable. 
We came home from our Christmas vacation and I began training for a temporary job of preparing personal taxes for Jackson Hewitt. Working an office job was probably one of the worst things I could have done for my body. This is because I could not drink enough water to suffice my kidney problem and do my job well at the same time. I developed and passed even more kidney stones, and at this point, they were coming on average, every three weeks!
This is when a moment of inspiration had come...
I had always thought laying down until the pain went away was my best option, but I was soon working everyday in the Kalispell WalMart booth, and we were not very busy for some reason. During slow times, I would get up and walk  around my booth passing out coupons to WalMart customers. I found that walking made my pain more tolerable. A doctor later explained to me that this was because the constant movement of my body would help to move the stones more quickly through my body, and it is when the stone is leaving the kidney that it is most painful for me. I began to wonder if increasing my activity at home would help the pain subside, and began to exercise more frequently, along with drinking more water. 
In April, I joined an 8 week health challenge. I felt better when finished, but I still felt malaise that would not leave my body. I knew there was SOMETHING I could do and I just hadn't found it yet. 
In June, I had another check-up with my doctor who wanted to prescribe me yet another medication 'just to see if it would help'. I was really tired of hearing that from my doctor's and told her I just wanted to try one more time by changing my diet and exercise routines. I asked her to give me six months to find a way to help myself and if I couldn't find anything, I would come back and let her write me that prescription. I just don't believe that our bodies are meant to be cured with synthetic materials that can cause so many other problems when you use them to try to cover up problems that are already existent in the body.
I began my search again and finally stumbled upon a friend who was starting to coach people through 60 day health challenges. I really wondered how she could help me when the last challenge I had done had made no difference, but decided to contact her just to see what she had to offer. This is when I was introduced to something called Shakeology. I decided it would be worth a try after looking into it and realizing it was made completely from whole foods with no man-made ingredients. I also signed up for her 60 day challenge and used the INSANITY program my husband had ordered about a year earlier and not finished. 
This challenge began on August 1st, 2013.
Today is September 28th, 2013, and I am excited to report that both my kidney and gallbladder pain have completely left my body. I still have to avoid really fatty-greasy foods to prevent gallbladder flare-ups, but when I am eating balanced and drinking Shakeology every day, I have absolutely no pain and more energy than I think I have had since I was a young kid! To top that off, my depression symptoms have gone away and I am feeling a zest for life that I have never had! I feel bright and cheery and look forward to my day when I wake up in the morning. My world is no longer dark, and dreary and my husband is LOVING this new me!!! Also, a big plus is that I have lost over 15 pounds. When I started this journey on August 1st, I weighed 165 pounds. Today, I weigh 147 pounds! I have lost over 3 inches from my waist, and have lost inches from my arms, legs and hips as well! 
I am blessed to have finally found something that works for me, and I am going to make sure I keep this up. Not only that, but it is my goal now to share this success with anyone who can gain from it! I would be selfish to keep this to myself when it may help someone I know and love!
So, with that being said, I would just like to add that if you have been struggling with anything in your life, I PROMISE you that YOUR life can change for the BETTER! It does get easier and you can find peace and happiness again! If it is your health that you are struggling with, don't give up! There will always be something to help you become whole again! Life is good, and worth living! Don't give up! YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY, and IT CAN BE DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment